Everyone loves the efficiency and convenience of their microwave. Heating up a cup of tea before bed? Pop it in the microwave. Warming that morning coffee up a bit – microwave it. Didn’t set the meat out in time for defrost? You know what to do. You probably use your microwave more than you realize. When the microwave goes out your kitchen efficiency take a big hit.
A new microwave can cost hundreds of dollars depending on the model. High end models can cost over a $1,000. The good news is if your microwave stops working it doesn’t mean you need to spend the money on a new one. Andy’s Appliance Repair’s factory certified microwave techs can repair your microwave in the same day and save you time money, and keep your kitchen running smoothly.
When Do You Need Microwave Repair Service?
There are a variety of common microwave issues that can warrant a service call and repair for your microwave. Here’s a list of some common issues that can lead to microwave repair service:
- Microwave Not Heating – The most common reason for this problem is a magnetron failure.
- Microwave Runs and then Stops – A faulty door switch, failed transformer, defective touch pad or faulty fan motor may be the culprit.
- Microwave Buttons do not Work – Typically the touch-pad or the control panel are defective or have been damaged.
- Plate does not Spin – The likely cause for this is a burned out rotator motor.
- Sparking Inside – A damaged wave guide cover, diode burn, damaged rack support or worn out paint from the inside walls could be the cause.