A washing machine goes unnoticed making our lives cleaner until it goes down. When your washer stops working you have to start working. That’s not what you signed up for. A Laundromat or washing board and a bathtub can work but that’s not ideal for most.
A new washing machine can cost hundreds of dollars depending on the model. The good news is if your washing machine stops working it doesn’t mean you need to break your budget on a new one. Andy’s Appliance Repair’s factory certified washing machine techs can repair your washing machine on the same day and save you time and money.
When Do you Need Washing Machine Repair Service?
There are a variety of common washing machine issues that can warrant a service call and repair for your washing machine. Here’s a list of some of the most common reasons you might need a washing machine repair:
- Washer Won’t Turn On – This could be a power, motor, lid switch, or timer knob issue.
- Washer isn’t Draining – These problems range from a clogged drain to needing a replacement pump.
- Washing Machine will not Spin and/or Agitate – Washer could be stuck on the wrong cycle, or it could be a belt or motor issue.
- Washer is Leaking Water – Faulty drain hoses and fill hoses are usually the culprits. It could also be a seal, water-inlet valve, or pump issue.
- Washer does Not Dispense Detergent – Most common issues for this problem are using the wrong detergent type and a dispenser that needs to be cleaned.
- Washing Machine is Shaking – Typically if your washer is shaking it’s because it’s not stationed on a level surface, the feet are improperly positioned, or you load is unbalanced.
- Washer is Noisy – Gurgling, clicking, buzzing and humming sounds are all indicators that your washer has an issue and needs attention. Reasons vary widely.
- Washer Won’t Finish Cycle – A defective timer is usually the issue. A tech can remove the control panel and check for corrosion and scorching.